Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I've "benedicted" to this burger!

Like many you, I love a good burger! With the passing of each year and the addition of each pound, I've tried to become more selective with what I eat. The key word here is "try".

The Davis Area Convention & Visitors Bureau office sits directly above Roosters and Corbin's Grill in Layton, Utah. Being so close, I've dined at both restaurants many times and both are fantastic.

During the holidays, I noticed a burger special on the Corbin's Grill menu board. "The Benedict Burger" ...a large patty of ground steak (the kinda burger you know came from throwin the prime stuff into a meat grinder), topped with a layer of shaved ham and smothered in hollandaise sauce! Also between the bun: crisp lettuce, thinly sliced red onion and tomato.

Now like many of you, my natural instinct when served a burger is to reach for the ketchup, mayo or mustard. Not this time! I sensed that with the addition of the hollandaise sauce, this burger had a much higher calling. My senses were correct.

With each bite, this burger oozed the combination of seasoned top sirloin, shaved ham and hollandaise sauce.

I WAS IN BURGER/EGGS BENEDICT HEAVEN and between every few bites I'd down a Corbin's Grill steak fry!

This was a meal I won't forget.

Props goes to cook, Julio for bringing the creation to Corbin's and to Manager, Jef Dukes for seeing the vision!

Although the Benedict Burger is not yet available on the regular menu, keep a lookout on the "Special's Board" and take a look at the regular list of Corbin's Grill Burgers.

Corbin’s Cheddar Burger $6.95
Pastrami Burger $8.95
Bleu Cheese Burger $7.95
Mushroom & Swiss Burger $7.95
Texas BBQ Burger $7.45

None will disappoint!

Brandon/DACVB Staff

1 comment: